Some of you may know, some of you may not know: when we order stickers they come in sheets of stickers. We cut them all out by hand. We have two sizes of stickers, regular size and then minis. Before the show we made a huge order. We estimated at about 2000 stickers. Of course, that was before we got the order. Once the order came in, and we got out our scissors we realized we actually had about 61654651354684313546841354 stickers to cut out. I haven't even finished cutting them all out yet!
We spent quite a few pretty hours cutting out stickers before the expo. About... oh fifteen of them between myself, my awesome local reptile friend Dea and my awesome local friends Nick and Ashley. I don't know what I would have done without them! Probably a lot of crying would have ensued. My timeline was all kinds of messed up from that late order!
We just recently ordered two more orders with around a thousand more stickers on it. All the Valentine's Day stickers, beardies, fat-tailed geckos, pygmy chams, two colors of panther chams and ball python morphs are on those orders. We wanted to get a Jackson's chameleon and some tortoises on that order, but time kind of ran out with me getting pretty darn sick and being fairly tired after my day job. We're expecting another print order in March to get our late debuted stickers on track for those Jackson's and torts. The torts on our list are a redfoot, hermann's and sulcata. We want to also have more things done by March. Just depends on how fast we can draw this February. Trying our hardest to get the following finished by the end of February and first week of March so we can order them that first week and get them going for the expo on March 29-30th.
That list consists of the following:
Clown Tree Frog (line art is DONE, just gotta color it)
Leopard tortoise
Blue Tongue Skink
A Russian
Uromastyx
Tegus Tegus Tegus
Rainbow Boa
Flying Gecko (psst Elizabeeeth)
Corn Snakes
King Snakes
Tree frogs of various species.
I've got a couple requests for a "normal" leopard gecko morph too. I'm surprised by this, but I won't ignore that! Lots of folks have normals, so I suppose that's the reason :) Everyone wants a sticker that looks just like their baby. Even I do!
If there's something you really really want--I always take requests
into consideration for new species and morphs. Depending on how often I see the
request, the higher up on the list it goes. That also means my list is subject to change fairly frequently. I think we've got quite a few of the most common requests. Considering we've only been open since late October, I think we're doing pretty well!
We started a little coupon in our shop for free shipping on orders over $25, too.
We'll keep you updated on the shop, how we're growing and where we'll be. Even if it's as mundane as "oh my gosh we just cut out x amount of stickers and we have bruised hands!".
Next blog: Watermarking. I had a couple questions on watermarking techniques. So I'll explain the technique I've used for a few years now. I'm sure there are easier ways out there, but this works for me! :)
Happy Sticking!
~Rachel
No comments:
Post a Comment