Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Antsy to Draw MORE

Well I was hoping to have a Jackson's chameleon done for you last week! What's TAKING SO LONG?!
Dang. It's tough to get things done when the curator, artist, sticker cutter-outer, shop fixer-upper and Facebook post poster all get sick at the same time. (ahem, me... I'm all of those things.) Feeling much better now, though! I am about halfway through our Jackson's Chameleon. Line art and base colors are already laid down.

Is it normal for an artist to get antsy. To want to hurry hurry hurry up to get the next design done?!

Well. That's happening. :) I so wish I could just divvy up more designs for you faster faster fasterrrr! Since I was sick last week, I'm a little bit behind. I was hoping to finish this chameleon by tonight to show you all. However, looks like a couple other things came up (thanks life! Love ya!) and so it'll be another day or so. I've got some hungry geckos I have to feed tonight and a little bit of product photography to punch out. That should take up the whole evening. Not a lot of time to put towards drawing when I have a full time day-job and a part time gecko nursery that takes up most of my day.

Even so--I want to get to these tortoises like nobody's business! I'm already looking up models and watching videos to see how they move.

I'm even thinking about the OTHER animals I want to do. Like the boa constrictors and corn snakes and rainbow boas... and and and and... all the things. I just want to draw it all. ALL. I keep looking at my shop front thinking: 'It's just too empty. Just TOO emptyyy!'

I want it to have pages and pages and pages of stickers available. And we will. It will just be a matter of time. I'm getting lots of requests still for custom stickers. I'm working out pricing for commissions. For custom artwork, a piece starts at $50. That includes one sticker and shipping for that sticker.

At the moment we're still taking requests (which are free but not guaranteed of course), but we are not doing commissions. Once commissions are open, I will make an announcement on Facebook and here on my blog. Commissions will also be posted on Etsy as an option.

Here's to blinging out the shop! *cheers*

Happy Sticking!
Rachel.

No comments:

Post a Comment