Friday, March 7, 2014

Thank Art it's Friday! March 7th

The week is over! And it's time to relish in the weekend. We're having a majorly reptilian weekend full of reptile cage cleaning ahead of us, but we're in the mood to finish a corn snake doodle or two. For this blog I'm going to touch a little bit on some frequently asked questions we get at the bottom of this little update.

I got our little Hermann's tort finished! We'll be debuting him sometime this weekend or on Monday on our Facebook page and on Tumblr. He didn't quite make it in time for our printers, but he'll be on the next round. We've also started collecting morph models for the corn snake we are working on next. We already have our morphs picked out for the corn snakes: A normal, a bloodred motley and a stripe. Design for this sticker will begin soon and we hope to have at least two morphs finished by Friday next week to debut by then in our next Thank Art its Friday! segment.

We also had a little poll this week on what snake species to do after our corn snake. We have these scheduled for debut sometime in either late April or in May. The voting resulted in a hognose snake,
a rainbow boa and a sand boa as our next three snakes to come on board with us at Happy Gecko Sticky Situation. I can't wait to draw them. And thanks to everyone who voted, tagged people to vote and shared the poll! If all our timing goes well, we'll be doodling at least one sticker per week. That's our goal! So I'm setting aside at least an hour a day to just do nothing but doodle.

More polls like this will happen when we get ready to implement more stickers. That way you are able to help me decide which to do next, and a gazillion heads are better than just one!

At the end of March, the 29th and 30th, we're vending at the Pacific Northwest Reptile and Exotic Animal Show. You can find more information on this expo here on their website. We've got some more supplies for this show. I am so excited! They're little booklifts. These little things are awesome. This way at shows our little notebooks with stickers in them are not just level to the table, but raised so you can see them better! I love them. And I'm probably more excited about these than I should be, so I had to share. Plans for the expo are going very well!


Now for our F.A.Q. section of this blog:

Here are a few questions that we regularly get. We hope they're helpful to you to see some answers right here! If you have any further questions, let us know! We'd be more than happy to help you.

When will you be drawing [insert animal]? 
Right now, we are adding anywhere from two to five species per month to our shop. We started out with five or so back in October (if I remember correctly!) and now we've got 21 species in our shop that will be available this month with around 35 designs available. That's some pretty quick growth for just one person drawing in their free time. :) I can only dedicate an hour or so here and there.

With my schedule being a tad bit pressing, I can't make a guarantee on when a certain species, morph or etc will be done. I can only give estimates. Those estimated times change often as popularity of another species rises. As popularity rises, so does the expected time of completion on my list of animals to do. Send me some models! I love getting models to use.

While I'd like to do a minimum of 200 species total in the shop, it's going to be a long journey! I'm focusing on getting my most common requests done and running in our first year before we can achieve more obscure things. I LOVE getting requests. So please, if there's a sticker you'd like to see, let me know!

Do you do custom stickers? Logos? Banners? Etc?
I am so happy that you like my work enough to ask for this service! It just blows me away and turns me to a little mushy ball of humbled jibber jabber for a few minutes before I am able to pick myself up to answer.

Unfortunately, at this time HGSS is my main focus. I barely have time to get the doodles I want done for my shop. So commissions aren't open till time opens up a bit more in my schedule. I also am very new at doing artwork for stuff, so I have a few things like pricing, contracts, legal mumbo jumbo and guidelines for commissions that I have to figure out before I can offer that. I WILL be offering that. Most definitely! Just not for the time being.

What about a custom morph of something you already have?
Some of our morphs are limited editions. About every six months we plan to revamp morphs and add new ones, while retiring older ones as time allows. That keeps our shop fresh! In the future we can so do custom stickers, however we most likely won't implement custom morphs for line art that we already have.

Can I sell your stickers?
Short answer on that one is YES! If you have a pet shop, vend at shows, own a vet office or just want to sell them for fun, we certainly do allow for sales of our stickers. We have special volume pricing for stickers, so if you're interested message us for that! You don't have to sell them to get volume pricing, though. You can also purchase them as freebies to give away at volume pricing, or even just hoard them for yourself. Some people do that!

Can I get this sticker, but bigger?
Yep! We do custom sizing. Just note, that if you need a sticker bigger, it's going to cost a little bit more than our regular sized stickers are priced at. The bigger it gets, the more expensive it is. Our size limit is eight inches on the longest side.

I missed pre-order! Can I still pre-order?
While we'd love to, unfortunately we can't take pre-orders after they close. When we close our pre-ordering option that's because we've already sent our order off to the printers with the number of stickers to print. Don't worry though! They'll be available for purchase once we receive them and are able to stock our shop.

If there are any questions we might have not answered for you in this FAQ, let us know! Comment below or ask us in our Etsy shop or on our Facebook Page. :)

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment